Incorporated in 1977, OCC’s emergency shelter is housed in the original Hot Springs Children’s Home, which was built in 1928. The organization was founded as part of a community-based effort to better address early intervention and support services to help re-direct a  youth’s ability to better function within the community and school. As the only local agency providing emergency residential shelter for Garland and Clark counties, youth are able to remain in more familiar environments where they can receive the support they need.