Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to conduct court assessments and provide recommendations at the court’s request.
- Responsible for responding to and documentation of intake calls.
- Responsible for providing case management and targeted case management for shelter, outreach and Division of Youth Services aftercare assigned cases; specifically: service delivery, documentation, and reporting as outlined in the DYS performance indicators for each service.
- Responsible for completing assessments, social history, and for developing and implementing an individualized case plan that includes goals and activities to obtain each goal.
- Maintains client case file documentation and records all case management activity within five (5) business days.
- Submits billing weekly or as requested.
- Participates in weekly shelter and outreach staff meetings.
- Attends all mandatory trainings.
- Participates in agency performance quality improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or other related field, and a demonstrated ability to work with the target population.
- Pass a drug screen and maintain a current TB card.
- Must have a current Arkansas Driver’s license and insurable under OCYFS’s commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- Must receive child maltreatment clearance through the Arkansas Child Maltreatment Central Registry.
- Must receive adult maltreatment clearance through Arkansas Protective Services-Adult Maltreatment Central Registry.
- Must receive Arkansas State Police criminal background clearance as mandated by Arkansas Department of Human Services, Minimum Licensing Standards for Child Welfare Agencies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Works effectively with all agency staff members, clients and families, human services providers, law enforcement, juvenile court(s) and the community-at-large to ensure positive outcomes for clients receiving services.
- Critical thinking skills-uses a logical systematic method for organizing and analyzing information.
- Communication skills-verbal and non-verbal communication in both telephone and face-to-face contacts.
- Ability to collaborate with others to bring about the best client outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to assess client and family needs and develop case plans that mobilizes community resources and promotes best practice.
- Ability to complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Practices excellent organizational skills.
- Practices and models conflict resolution skills.
- Follows OCYFS code of ethics.
- Ability to collect and analyze outcome data.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity to OCYFS’s clients and families.
To apply, please submit a résumé to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Ouachita Children, Youth, & Family Services
P.O. Box 1180
Hot Springs, AR 71902
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org