DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CLINICAL THERAPIST
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct individual assessments to understand current situation and determine behavioral and emotional functioning
- Develop trusting and caring relationship with each client for purposes of encouraging openness and change if needed
- Identify strengths and capabilities through which to encourage positive improvements and adjustment
- Assist in contact or collaboration with family members or other community intervention services
- Make referral to additional community services as needed
- Conduct group therapy sessions as appropriate
- Maintain complete and up-to-date files for all clients
- Attend & participate in team meetings, client staffing, clinical consultations, and other appropriate meetings as assigned
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality of client communications except when disclosure to authorities is required by law
- Provide on-call services as needed and agreed
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Licensed Social Worker or LPC
- Clinical/therapy experience working with children and/or families
- Knowledge of common mental disorders and behavioral issues, including substance abuse and addictions
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills with generally accepted therapeutic interventions
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive, collaborative relationships with clients, families, colleagues and others in the human services field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Skills and Knowledge:
- Works effectively with all agency staff, members, volunteers, clients & families, human service providers, law enforcement, juvenile court(s), schools, and the community at-large to promote a positive, productive ethical culture.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills by using a logical, systematic method for organizing and analyzing information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Arkansas licensing regulations.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills in both telephone & face-to-face contacts as well as in written documentation.
- Demonstrates the ability to speak concisely and coherently to community groups during presentations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all OFC services, typical issues and volunteer policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets for data collection and tracking.
- Practices excellent organizational skills.
- Practices and models conflict resolution skills.
- Follows OCYFS code of ethics.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity to OFC’s clients and families.
To apply, please submit a résumé to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Ouachita Children, Youth, & Family Services
P.O. Box 1180
Hot Springs, AR 71902
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org