DIRECT CARE STAFF
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates as a parent team for shelter residents in daily activities on and off campus.
- Models and teaches accountability, respect, trust and appropriate behaviors relating to shelter rules and guidelines.
- Assists in transportation of residents as necessary to execute the case plan.
- Completes emergency/admissions packets for after hour admissions.
- Supervises study hall, visitation, meals and chores.
- Will observe and report on resident’s behavior and involvement in all activities, client relationships with staff, and peers.
- Will complete incident report forms as required.
- Will participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- As needed, responsible for meal preparation in accordance with planned menus and keeping records for Federal School Lunch Program, including Point of Service.
- Participates in agency performance quality improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High school education or GED with a demonstrated ability to work with troubled youth. Minimum of six months experience in residential care of children preferred. Must pass drug screen and have a current TB health card. Must have a current Arkansas Driver’s license and an excellent driving record. All State, Child Maltreatment, Adult Maltreatment, and FBI background checks are required for this position.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Displays leadership skills.
- Competent to assess the needs of clients.
- Practices and models conflict resolution skills.
- Models with clients and staff—accountability, respect and trust.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows company code of ethics.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to improve program outcomes .
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity to clients and families and socioeconomic characteristics
To apply, please submit a résumé to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Ouachita Children's Center
P.O. Box 1180
Hot Springs, AR 71902
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org