Ouachita Family center is an advocacy organization providing emergency shelter, quality advocacy outreach services, legal advocacy, and support services to all victims and children of domestic abuse to live free from family violence.
Don't be afraid to start over. It's a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Why do the abused stay?
- The victims lack of knowledge or access to safety and support.
- Belief that two parent households are better for children, despite abuse.
- Unsupportive friends and family.
- The victim feels that the relationship is a mix of good times, love and hope along with manipulation, intimidation and fear.
- Fear of the batterer's violence.
- Psychological and/or physical trauma.
- Connection to the batterer through the children.
- Cultural, familial or religious values.
- Lack of funds.