Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with meal preparation in accordance with planned menus and keeping records for Federal School Lunch Program. Meals are defined as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack.
- Assists with preparation of evening meals, lunch (when clients are present), set up of evening/after school snacks, and weekend meals (Lunch and Dinner) for warm-up by weekend staff.
- Assists with menu planning in compliance with USDA guidelines and completion of shopping list. Obtains authorization for purchase orders and shops from list.
- Completes production records and maintains labels in compliance with National School Lunch Program
- Keeps kitchen in clean and orderly fashion including mopping kitchen floors as needed.
- Maintains kitchen in accordance with Health Codes.
- Incorporates teaching youth cooking and kitchen skills when appropriate.
- Able to communicate effectively with the Kitchen Manager and Residential Director
- Participates in agency performance quality improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent with demonstrated ability to cook for a large group.
- Pass a drug screen and maintain a current TB card.
- Must have a current Arkansas Driver’s license and insurable under OCC’s commercial vehicle insurance policy.
- Must receive child maltreatment clearance through the Arkansas Child Maltreatment Central Registry.
- Must receive adult maltreatment clearance through Arkansas Protective Services-Adult Maltreatment Central Registry.
- Must receive Arkansas State Police criminal background clearance as mandated by Arkansas Department of Human Services, Minimum Licensing Standards for Child Welfare Agencies.
Skills and Knowledge:
- The kitchen assistant works effectively with all agency staff members, clients and families, human services providers, law enforcement, juvenile court(s) and the community-at-large to ensure positive outcomes for clients receiving services.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- Practices excellent organizational skills.
- Practices and models conflict resolution skills.
- Follows OCC code of ethics.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity to OCC’s clients and families.
To apply, please submit a résumé to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Ouachita Children, Youth, & Family Services
P.O. Box 1180
Hot Springs, AR 71902
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org